- The Mix - UK base charity providing free confidential support for young people under 25 including mental health issues i.e. anxiety, OCD and phobias.
- No Panic – offers advice, support, recovery programs and help for anyone living with anxiety-based disorders
- NHS Every Mind Matters – expert advice, practical tips and personalised actions to help stay on top of mental wellbeing.
- Anxiety No More – help and advice from Paul David, ex sufferer and published author following his own personal recovery from anxiety.
Printable Workbooks & Guides
Free Online Courses
- Centre for Clinical Interventions (CCI) – CBT based modules on different types of anxiety including ‘Anxiety”, ‘Panic”, “Worry’, ‘Health Anxiety’ & ‘Social Anxiety’. Best used as guided self-help alongside a wellbeing practitioner.
- Living Life to the Full (LLTTF) – free online CBT based course developed by CBT therapist Dr Chris Williams. Covers mood, stress and resilience teaching important life skills that aim to empower and equip.
- Be Mindful – online mindfulness course to help reduce stress, depression/low mood and anxiety and improve mental wellness. Free course taster. Full course £40.
Books available from the LRC
- Overcoming anxiety: a self-help guide using cognitive behavioural techniques
By Kennerley, Helen, author
Paperback. English. Published London: Robinson, 2014 Fully revised and updated edition
- Feel the fear and do it anyway: how to turn your fear and indecision into confidence and action
By Jeffers, Susan
Book. English. Published London: Rider, 1997
- Embracing anxiety: coming back with hope
By Bakkes, An, author
eBook. English. Published South Africa: KR Publishing, 2017
Electronic version available in library
- The cognitive behavioural workbook for anxiety: a step-by-step programme
By Knaus, William J., author
eBook. English. Published Oakland, California: New Harbinger Publications, Inc., 2014 Second edition
Electronic version available in library
- Overcoming worry and generalised anxiety disorder: a self-help guide to using cognitive behaviour techniques
By Meares, Kevin, author
Paperback. English. Published London: Robinson, 2015 New edition
- Fear tools – 7 tools to help combat generalised and social anxiety disorders and phobias.
- SAM – offers a range of self-help methods to help manage anxiety
- MindShiftCBT – anxiety relief to help reduce worry, stress and panic
- No Panic Helpline 0300 772 9844 10am – 10pm daily or for Youth Helpline (13-20yrs) 0330 606 1174 M,Tu,W,F 3pm – 6pm, Th 3pm -8am, Sa 6pm – 8pm.
- Anxiety UK Helpline CALL 03444 775 774 9:30am – 5:30pm M-F (except bank hols)
- The Mix 0808 808 4994 3pm – 12pm daily (under 25’s)
- Anxiety Control Training, podcast by Dr Chris Willianms, NHS Moodzone
- Unhelpful Thinking, podcast by Dr Chris Williams, NHS Moodzone
- How to overcome fear and anxiety, Dr David Peters, Mental Health Foundation
- Managing Stress and Overcoming Anxiety, Experimental Psychology, University of Oxford
- Wellbeing and Positive Thinking, Dr David Peters, Mental Health Foundation
Student Support and Wellbeing
- Wellbeing Walk – an opportunity to talk to meet up and chat to peers and wellbeing advisers through this activity based mentoring.
- Uni Counselling – time limited (up to 6 sessions) 1:1 counselling with a registered counsellor (through referral / assessment only).
- West Sussex NHS Talking Therapies (formerly Time to Talk). Refer online at www.sussexcommunity.nhs.uk or call 01273 265967
- Pathfinder Chichester provides advice, information and short term support for people aged 18+ affected by mental health problems living in Chichester and the surrounding area, as well as carers, friends, professionals and other agencies. Contact information and referral forms are available on the Pathfinder West Sussex website.
- Young People's Shop Chichester - The Young People’s Shop offers free counselling, emotional support, advice and guidance to any young person aged between 11 and 25 years old in Chichester and surrounding areas. Contact via yps-south.org.uk. A video tour of the YPS building can be viewed here.